Published On : 09 Jan 2018
Today : 4 Total : 1751
In this article we will look into step by step procedure to deploy you Web API. Here we have used IIS 7.
1. It is good to use service account for Web API especially in your Production environment. Add service account to Administrator group in the server:
2. Create a separate application pool in IIS (good practice to have separate app pool for your website).
3. Set the application pool Identity as the service account which we used in step 1.
4. In IIS, right click on Site -> Add Web Site. Make sure the application pool is selected which is created in the previous step.
5. If you need to create https site, then we need to have proper certificate which can support the host name we created.