In the previous article, we saw how to Create Domain Certificate by using IIS server. Now, let us see, how to create the same Domain Certificate from MMC Console. Because, even if there is no IIS got installed, definitely MMC will be there on any machine. That’s the reason, we need to look into this also.
Though it is easy to create using IIS, we need to know this way also. Sometime it will definitely help.
The steps are as follows.
1. Go Run and type MMC.
2. On the Snapin, select “Add/Remove Snap-in”
3. Select the “Certificate Authority”
4. Certificate Authority will be loaded as shown below
5. Now, again go back to Add/Remove Snap-in and Select Certificates
6. Select the Radio Button appropriately. In my case, am selecting the Computer.
7. Select Local computer. Since am in the CA Server only.
8. Now the console will looks like
9. Select Personal -> All Tasks->Request New Certificate
10. Follow the screen shots.
Select the template
To add more templates to here, we need to add the Templates from the CA. We will see that as Appendix. Now proceed with Enroll.
We will get the Certificate. To confirm that, we can go to IIS-Server Certificates. The created certificate will be listed there also. On the issued certificate section also, we can see the certificate.
Here let us see, how to add a new template.
We need to select an existing template. New certificates can be inherited from the existing certificate template only.
Now, we are done with the creation.