I guess, this would be very late to write about the Workflows configuration by this time. Even, I created the workflows two years back. But, after sometime, when I try to configure in another server, I found it a bit difficult. Then, as usual, thought of having it handy.
The ultimate objective of this article is, from the designer, when I try to create a Workflow, on the Platform Type, I could not find the SharePoint 2013 workflow by default. Have a look on the below screen shot.
We want SharePoint 2013 Workflow should also be displayed on the dropdown. Now, the resolution for this can be a step by step procedure.
1. We need to install the web Platform Installer first. Download link – https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj193525.asp
2. Follow the Installation Link as shown below.
3. Install the Workflow Manager 1.0
4. Now, we need to configure the Workflow Manager.
5. Now the configuration completes as shown in the image.
6. Again, go to the Web Platform Installer.
7. Search for Service Bus 1.0 Cumulative Update 1
8. Install Workflow Manager 1.0 Cumulative Update 3 as well
9. Do an IISRESET
10. Make sure the new Site Workflow Management Site is been created on the IIS
11. Open the Management Shell and execute the below PowerShell Script.
Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite "http://xxxx" -WorkflowHostUri "http://xxxx:12291" –AllowOAuthHttp
12. Now go back to the designer and we will be able to see the Platform Type as SharePoint 2013 Workflow.