In this article, let us see the step by step procedure to install OnPremise GateWay Installer.
1. Login to the Flow Portal and Click on the downloads button on the top right hand corner.
2. It will redirect you to do the download page from the Microsoft.
3. Download the Installer.
4. Execute the Installer.
5. Click on the Install Button.
6. Allow the program to make changes to this computer.
7. The installation will start.
8. Once, it completes, we need to configure the Data GateWay. Enter the ID of our Office 365 admin account.
9. Enter the password, this will be used to authenticate against the Azure Active Directory (AAD)
10. Enter a name for the gateway and give appropriate key for this gateway.
Note: Please remember the following things recommended by Microsoft.
1. Don’t install this EXE on a domain controller. Even, if we try, it is not getting installed. J Tried this on a domain controller.
1. This is not required to be installed on the SharePoint server itself. It can beinstalled in a small computer which is available on the domain.
2. Hence, I created a VM and installed Win Server 2012 R2. After that, when I try install this, the first prerequisite is, .Net 4.6.
3. Then I tried installing .NET .4.6, and came to know that the following updates and on the same order should be installed.
In the upcoming articles, we will see how to connect with various data sources.