In the last article, we saw a very simple information about the Record Centre and we saw what template to be used to create the Record Centre Site.
Now, let us see how to configure the Record Centre.
1. Let us go to Site Contents. By default, we will be seeing a special document library called “Drop Off Library” and a default Library “Record Library”.
2. Now, let us create our Own Record Library.
3. Select the “Record Library” App and give a name to it.
4. In the meanwhile, create a Content Type based on our Requirement.
5. Add the Content type to the Record Library which we created now.
6. Now, Create sub folders on the Record Library.
7. I have created two folders for this demo.
8. Now go to Library Settings -> information Management Policy Settings.
9. Click on Change the Source.
10. Select “Library and Folder” Option and Click on OK.
11. Now, Click on “Change Source or configure library schedule”
12. Now, select the Folders on the Left Navigation.
13. Add the Retention Stages to the Folders by Click on “Add a retention stage for records..”
14. In the same manner repeat for the other folders as well.
15. Now, we need to create content organizer Rules.
16. Go to Site Settings.
17. Click on Content Organizer Rules.
18. Click on New Item.
You can select the Destination from the below PopUp.
19. Now, go back to our “Drop Off Library” and Upload any document with the Content Type “MyRecordCentreContentType”.
20. Once you Checkin the File, you will be seeing the below message.
21. i.e., the document uploaded on the Drop Off Library has been moved to the Folder1 based on the Content Organizer Rules which we created.
22. Now, let us go to our Folder to make sure that the document is there.
23. Yes, we have the document there. The document has been treated as Record.
24. There are few more conditions can be added on the Content Organizer Rules.
With this, we saw how to create a simple Record Centre for our Organization. There are many other features available on the Record Centre, which will be discussed on the upcoming articles.